Burrow Main Menu |
| Slink's Tropical Fish |
Contains 5 Cynotilapia afra "Jalo", 6 Labidochromis sp. "Red Top Kimpuma", 6 Pseudotropheus polit, and 5 Synodontis petricola.
Filtration now consists of one Emperor 400, one Biowheel 30 Pro driven by a 170 gph Penguin powerhead with sponge prefilter, and one stack of Hydrosponges with a 100 gph Visi-Jet powerhead. The Hydrosponges are behind the brick construction in the corner.
Eventually I replaced the Penguin powerhead/Biowheel 300 combination with an Emperor 280. Cleaning the sponge prefilter was too much hassle back behind the rocks.
In March I removed the Cynotilapia afra and replaced them with the Protomelas taeniolatus "Red Empress" from the upstairs 75-gallon. I did this in order to free the Labeotropheus from the domination of the Red Empress male, who I felt was interfering with the mating displays of the Labeotropheus.